Gosh I have been super busy! I think I am catching a cold also because of the snow that hit Texas :( My body is so sore all over and I've been super tired even though I've been getting enough sleep? :T Maybe it's just a stage or something..
Okay but onto my post! This is going to be a review for the Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion ^_^ I was sent one from a representative from their company to try out. Let me start of by saying that I really like it although it didn't work out for me at first! This is just kinda the thing where you shouldn't give up at first try when trying out a product :)
This product has also been seen around the blog countless of times! But hey, it turned out to be a great product for me.
Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion
What is it:
A lightweight moisturizing lotion that counteracts dry skin with continued usage.
What is does:
It utilizes the finest effective natural ingredients for dry skin treatment along with the latest advances in technology to hydrate and protect the skin.
What else you need to know:
Skin MD Natural™ is promptly absorbed, without the slightest hint of any greasy or oily feeling or residue, transforming the outer layer of skin into a hydrating invisible shield. Read more about the product on the website! There's tons of information behind the science that I cannot explain in my own words :)
- Skin MD Natural
The product itself comes in a bottle with an easy way of dispensing so you have complete control of what you're getting. It's very sanitary also because it's not in a tub like some moisturizers. It's intended for multi-purpose use such as on your body, hands, feet, and face which is a great perk.
I first tried this product on my hands which are severely dry and chapped because of working at the restaurant and coming into contact with so many harsh chemicals and already having dry skin. It was working great for me until one day it was super busy and I had so much stuff to clean, it basically reversed all the work I put in! For my hands, I need a thick cream to really lock in the moisture so this didn't work out too well for my restaurant working hands! Maybe when I get an office job because I find that thick creams doesn't absorb into my skin like this product.
I started to use this on my face after forgetting my face lotion at home one day when I was sleeping at my boyfriend's house. At the end of the day when I got off of work, I noticed my face wasn't as oily as it would be when I use the Cetaphil lotion. Cetaphil over-moisturizes my face while Skin MD moisturizes it just right. I do notice that I must remember to exfoliate my face because it doesn't diminish the dry patches of dead skin but it's a step I should do in my regular face routine anyway. I can really see myself using this as my summer face lotion because of the raging hot weather in Texas since I have naturally oily skin anyway!
- Cheap, you get a 4oz for $18. That's $4.50 per ounce and you usually get 1oz of product with most face moisturizers.
- Lasts a really long time
- Heals your dry skin with continued use
- Moisturizers your face just enough! ^_^
- Absorbs into your face really quick so it's great for when you're in a hurry
- Convenient packaging, very sanitary
- Has a SPF 15 version for $25
- No animal products or testing
- Dermatology tested, Fragrance and colorant free, Hypoallergenic, Paraben free
- Non-comedogenic (means it won't clog your pores and it didn't break me out so I guess that proves it?)
- Doesn't moisturize dry skin too well
- Didn't moisturize my dry skin patches either, but those shouldn't be there anyway lol
- Some might think $18 upfront for lotion is expensive
- Nothing much really! I think this is an overall good product :)
Onto the giveaway! Carlo is going to sponsor one bottle of the Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion to one of my lucky readers ^_^
- Must be a follower of my blog.
- Must be 18 or older or have parental consent.
- Comment below telling me "Enter me" and telling me what your "holy grail" lotion is! ^_^
- Also, you must leave me an email address that is checked regularly so I can ask for your mailing address and contact you when you win.
- To earn an extra entry, post about this on your blog and comment again with the link to it! :)
- Ends in 2 weeks, March 1, 2010 @11:59 CMT
I've gotten all my tests out of the way and after I cook Jon a romantic dinner tomorrow I'm going to read all of my comments and posts I've been missing out on for the past 2-3 weeks! I know it'll probably take me a couple of days but I'll get my ass on it and try to be more active. My goal in March is to at least post every other day! :) I'm sure it'd be easy if I just post simple fotds or something :P haha! Yeah, so what but I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing my activeness on here ha! I remember I used to check everyday on people's blogs and wait for a new post but that was before I discovered google reader o_O!