16 March 2014

NARS Laos Matte Multiple on the Cheeks & Lips

My original plan for this post failed and I can blame UPS for that. I couldn't get my hands on the Vientiane Matte Multiple so I had to order it online. I really wanted to do a full face with both products, but waiting on snail mail makes me feel like a failure of wanting to post regularly... so two separate posts it is!

If you missed it, you can read my review for this product here.


NARS Laos Matte Multiple





Bare face with only foundation, NARS Laos Matte Multiple on the lips

The photo above is just with my foundation applied. I didn't do any bronzing or contouring so that it will be an accurate portrayal of the color. I'm wearing the L'oreal True Match Lumi Foundation with no setting powder and the NARS Laos Matte Multiple on my lips. On my eyes are just two coats of MAC False Lashes Extreme Black Mascara on the lashes and MAC Vintage Selection Paint Pot on the lids with Anastasia Medium Ash Brow Powder on the brows.

NARS Laos Matte Multiple on the cheeks & lips

I mentioned that this shade will look gorgeous on all skintones and that's because the coverage is buildable! You can layer it on until you reach the shade you desire. In the photo above is one layer of product and on me you get a hint of color.

NARS Laos Matte Multiple on the cheeks & lips

Above is pictured with two layers of the product. This is what I would personally stop at. It makes my cheeks look flushed without overdoing it. What I love about this is that it really is matte. Generally matte products have better staying power on me -- lipsticks, foundations -- and this is one of them! I feel as I wear it throughout the day, it actually looks better and more natural!

NARS Laos Matte Multiple on the lips

Excuse my skin up close, normally I'd set my foundation with powder then spray with MAC Fix+ and I swear it makes my skin instantly look better! My lips are extremely dry and pictured is just the product without any lip balm. I probably won't be using it on the lips just because if I applied lipbalm on top, then it defeats the lasting power of it since it would just slide right off.

Hope this was helpful for everyone! And for reference, last time I checked I was around NC37 to NC40 at MAC and my foundation shade I have on from L'oreal is W5 Sand Beige.

Take care!

3 comments:

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the web!