10 January 2013

December Ipsy Bag!

I know it's very late posting this -- and honestly I've been looking for it but I misplaced it inside of another bag and I just found it!

I received my first bag in November and I posted information about it on that post.

Here are the contents of the December ipsy bag:
(all images are clickable if you'd like a better look)
 I think the makeup pouch included is lopsided.

 Don't you agree? I've even stuffed it with tissue paper and all it did was confirm there isn't much quality management going on with ipsy. I say it's from ipsy since the interior says "ipsy" and from that I'm concluding it's their product.
If it were more uniform, I'd say it's a very nice makeup bag to throw in your purse since it's remotely small and won't take up too much room.

 Mai Couture Highlight Paper in St. Barts
I've always seen this on youtube/blogs and have always been curious about it! It's a nice concept and I like it's small size because it's travel friendly. I'd like to think you could get more than one usage out of a sheet since it's pretty big and the areas I highlight are basically my cheekbones. The one included in the ipsy bag contains 25 sheets which is very generous. The actual product is a shimmery champagne shade and I quite like it! It doesn't look like shimmer dust exploded all over your face which is problems I encounter with some highlighters.

 Be A Bombshell Lipgloss in True Red
This lipgloss is very opaque! I've only worn it on it's own for a few seconds so I can't say much about it but I'd like to try other shades in the future. The packaging is practical but it is bigger than a MAC lipglass. It's a little sticky but I'd say compared to other lipglosses it's bearable.

Mirabella Prime for face and eyes
I haven't used it on my face or eyes, only the back of my hand. When I first applied it, it looked like it would have the silicone texture that most face primers have but it didn't. It was still smoother than my naked skin though. I immediately disliked this because of the scent. It wasn't very strong or anything but if I had it on my face all day, I can see a headache develop just from prior experiences with other products. It's a shame though, it seems that a lot of people said it's a good product on the ipsy website!

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero
I'm sure we've all seen these and I'm tired of having a million of these sample eyeliners laying around in random corners of my room. It's a great product but since Urban Decay came out with the shade Perversion, which is jet black, I can't say I love this shade as much as I used to. On the plus side, since I have so many of these I don't have to sharpen too often!

NYX Loose Pearl Shadow in Charcoal Pearl
I really like this shade! It's like a charcoal black color. What I don't like about this product is the tiny opening so it's inevitable to not make a mess when using it. It's a loose pigment which can already be messy in the first place. I don't see myself using too much of this since it's so dark and I have plenty of dark shadows already, but I saw some others receive lighter, wearable shades.

Here are swatches of everything. Sorry my hands are dry, I didn't think the new camera would capture it but you can see the lipgloss bleeding so lipliner is a must!

Highlighter is on the top half. On the bottom is the primer, eyeliner, shadow, and gloss.

***

I really enjoyed this bag and I'm excited to see January's ship!

~ Take care everyone ~

2 comments:

  1. I was going to try this ipsy business out, but wasn't sure if I wanted to. But I believe it's only 9.99 a month. I don't think that's too bad! I'm glad you made a post about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always ogled over other's posts/videos about monthly subscriptions. I figured ipsy was the most affordable and it's really not bad for $10 a month. If I think about it, it's cheaper than what I'd spend on Starbucks in a month and I "satisfy" my craving to buy new makeup. Win-win situation for me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the web!